June 1, 2020
NBMTM Press Office
Washington, DC, June 1, 2020 – Today, the Board announced that as of June 1, 2020, a scholarship will be granted to pharmacists. We have been following the developing news around the spread of the pandemics and protests taking place across our nation and want to reaffirm our support for pharmacists impacted by this event.
“I am thrilled that pharmacists will be taking advantage of the scholarship,” said Executive Director Dustin Thomas. “This scholarship is the right thing to do during these difficult economic times to support well-deserving pharmacists, and I am proud to provide this opportunity. This is another way for us to show our appreciation for the hard work pharmacists are putting forth every day, especially during the COVID-19 health emergency. The scholarship will not only give pharmacists a chance to take the BCMTMS examination, but will also help pharmacists to stand apart.”
Scholarship: This scholarship awards one certification exam as well as access to practice exam.
Number: Minimum of 8 scholarships distributed per year
Application Opens: January 15 or June 1
Deadline: April 15 or September 1
Results Notification: June 15 or November 1
- June 15 awards must be used between June 15, 2020 and June 15, 2021
- November 1 awards must be used between November 1, 2020 to November 1, 2021
The following information applies to individual applicants.
For individual applicants:
- Meet eligibility requirements for BCMTMS
- Plan to sit for the exam within 12 months after the scholarship notification date
- Is not receiving any organizational support or reimbursement for the BCMTMS exam and practice exam fees.
How to Apply
- Contact information
- Short answer questions about academic/training, volunteer and career experience and your need for the scholarship
- Current resume
- One letter of reference (letter may be addressed to the ‘NBMTM Scholarship Review Committee’ and should provide insight into your character, academic or career and volunteer accomplishments, work ethic, and values. May be written by work or volunteer colleague, professor, coach, etc., but should not come from a family member)
If you were selected to receive an NBMTM Scholarship in 2020, you will receive a notification by email about your award status for which you are eligible, to be claimed 12 months from the date they are issued. If you do not claim your scholarship by the deadline, you will have to reapply for a new scholarship, with no guarantee of receiving a new scholarship. Please note, the NBMTM cannot reimburse certification exam fees.