AUTHORIZATION TO TEST LETTER
You have been authorized to take the BCMTMS™ examination with Mettl®. Information including exam rules and scheduling instructions are shown below. If the details of your authorization are not correct, please contact the board immediately.
|EXAMINATION||BCMTMS™ – The National Board of Medication Therapy Management – English|
|CANDIDATE ID NUMBER|
|ELIGIBILITY START DATE|
Your first and last names have been submitted to Mettl® as they appear on this Authorization to Test. If the first and last name on this Authorization to Test do not exactly match your first and last name on your form of identification, you must immediately call NBMTM at (202) 831-0033. Mettl® will not allow you to test if your identification does not exactly match your first and last name as submitted by NBMTM. You will forfeit your fees if you are denied admittance to the examination due to a problem with your identification.
SCHEDULING YOUR EXAMINATION
NBMTM uses an exam proctoring service called Mettl®. Exam fees are included in your application fee and are paid on your behalf by the program. Additional fees for late registration or cancelation are not included.
- You must schedule your exam online from your myNBMTM Dashboard.
- You must schedule your exam at least 7 days prior to taking the exam.
- You must take your examination during the eligibility period listed above. If you do not test or withdraw your registration by this date, you will forfeit all fees.
- You must schedule your appointment online. You will be able to see all open appointments on your eligibility date, and you will receive an automatic email confirmation of your appointment within 48 hours.
- To schedule an appointment online:
- Login to www.nbmtm.org/account. Click on “Schedule My Test” under “Certification Application Status.”
- Select and confirm your preferred exam date and time using the calendar.
- Be sure to select your home time zone If you don’t know your home time zone, perform an internet search with search term “time zone” for websites that will help you to determine your time zone.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your exam appointment the next 48 hours.
- You may not reschedule or cancel an exam appointment once it has started.
It is strongly recommended that you schedule your appointment as early as possible as space may be limited. If you do not make an appointment, cancel, do not appear, miss your scheduled appointment date, or have your eligibility status revoked, you will not receive any refund of your application fee nor it can be transferred to another examination period. You must submit a full application fee to reapply for examination. In order to sit for the BCMTMS examination, your personal identification must match exactly as the name under which you applied.
CHECK YOUR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Read Mettl’s User Guide for BCMTMS Exam prior to taking the exam for detailed information about Mettl® examination platform.
- Computer or laptop
- PC or Mac connected to a power source
- You must be allowed to download software to this computer.
- Wired internet connection with minimum 5 Mbps download speed & 3 Mbps
upload speed is required.
- Complete a computer readiness check and internet speed test.
- Candidates may check their computer compatibility at any time, but it is VERY IMPORTANT that computer and Internet compatibility be checked the day before an exam so that additional exam stress and delays do not occur.
- This can be done by going to https://tests.mettl.com/system-check?i=47ca87a9. (If the link does not work, copy and paste the entire URL into your browser’s address bar and press Enter.)
- The best Internet browsers for taking exams are Firefox and Google Chrome. Download one of these browsers from the official website.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR EXAMINATION
- No one is allowed in the room with you while you take your exam, so be sure to make proper arrangements.
- Mettl® will ask you for a form of picture ID and may ask questions to identify yourself
- Please plan on 15 minutes beyond the test-taking time for interfacing with Mettl®.
- Upon check-in, Mettl will collect your photographic image and ID card, and may ask questions to identify yourself. Be prepared to provide the following identification documents:
- Current, valid government-issued photo ID (e.g., passport, drivers license, etc.) with matching pre-printed name and signature. An expired ID is not an acceptable form of identification. If you appear without a valid driver’s license with a photo or valid state ID with photo OR the first and last names do not match, you will not be permitted to take the examination, and you will be required to reapply with a full fee for another examination period.
- You will be videotaped via your webcam during the testing session.
The proctor will be watching and listening to you as you take the exam, but this is no different than a live test with proctors in the room walking around looking at students while they take an exam.
- Please ask others to refrain from coming into the room where you are taking your exam as you need to be alone to take your exams.
- Close all programs on your computer, and turn off cell phones.
- It is important that you understand that you will NOT be able to leave the computer during the exam or answer the phone for ANY reason.
- It is highly recommended to take a bathroom break BEFORE you start. Notify your proctor via the Mettl® chatting feature if you take a bathroom break. You will not have additional time for breaks to complete your exam.
- Proctors CANNOT assist you with the exam nor explain any questions on the exam.
If you take the exam at your place of work, please book a conference room or an equivalent private space.
Your webcam, speakers, and microphone must remain on throughout the test. Proctor must be able to hear, see, and speak to you for the duration of the test.
You must have a clear desk and clear workspace. No drinks or scrap paper.
You may not wear hoodies, sweatshirts, jackets, neckties, or hats.
You may not speak to anyone during the exam.
If you are having any issues, you may notify the proctor.
- Mettl® will send you a message to “share your desktop” which will only allow the proctor to see your desktop, but not manipulate your computer.
- If you do not know whether you can allow this “desktop sharing” function, you may visit https://tests.mettl.com/system-check?i=47ca87a9 to set up a test BEFORE your exam date.
- Use of cell phones or tablets is NOT allowed.
- Dual monitors are NOT allowed.
- Use of headphones is NOT allowed
- Use of calculators is NOT allowed
- Use of electronic devices is NOT allowed
Do not bring reference books, notes, electronic devices or other study materials during the test.
Candidates should be aware and understand that the disclosure of any examination materials including the nature or content of examination items, before, during, or after the examination is a violation of law. Candidates may not reconstruct exam items using their memory of the exam or the memory of others. Candidates may not copy or reconstruct exam items during or following their exam for any reason. A violation of this can result in criminal prosecution or civil liability and/or disciplinary actions by the licensing agency including the denial of licensure.
- The testing provider cannot provide any score information.
- NBMTM will provide you a score report 10 business days after your exam. The score report will be available from your myNBMTM Dashboard under “Certification Application Status.”