Requirements for Board Eligibility
Board Eligibility is necessary to participate in the certification process and sit for the NBMTM certification examination. A candidate must meet all the following requirements:
A. The candidate must hold a pharmacy degree from a school of pharmacy accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) or the Canadian Council For Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs. Foreign Graduate Pharmacists (FGP) must hold an equivalent degree to the requirements of a U.S. pharmacy degree by submitting proof of U.S. pharmacy licensing or a report from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
B. The candidate must hold a valid, unexpired, and unrestricted license to practice in at least one state, commonwealth, territory, possession of the United States or province of Canada. If the pharmacist is licensed outside of the United States the license must be valid, unexpired and unrestricted to meet this requirement.
C. The candidate must complete two (2) years of practice experience, post-licensure, with experience in medication therapy in retail pharmacy, community pharmacy, or ambulatory care pharmacy.
Experience can be waived if the applicant successfully completes an NBMTM-approved training program in medication therapy management. Approved training programs are:
- APhA’s Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Training Program.
- Power-Pak C.E.® Certificate Program in Medication Therapy Management.
- University of Florida’s graduate certificate in Comprehensive Medication Management (CMM).
- University of Florida’s Master’s degree in Medication Therapy Management.
- Residency in medication therapy management or ambulatory care pharmacy (PGY-1 or PGY-2).
D. Agree to abide by the Code of Ethical and Professional Conduct.
F. Payment of required application fees.
Final acceptance of board eligibility is subject to satisfactory review by the NBMTM.
Board Eligibility Checker
Some error has occured.