Determine your eligibility to take the exam.
Submit your application and fee online.
Once you checked your eligibility you can apply*.
- US Applicant
- International Applicant
* Application is valid for 1 year, allow 1-2 weeks for processing.
** Fees are non-refundable and include application and exam.
Utilize study resources to increase testing confidence.
Once you receive notification from NBMTM with approval you may proceed.
Scheduling Your exam
Once your application is approved, you will receive a Notification To Schedule (NTS) from Scantron, our exam administrator. You can take the exam at a one of the 1,350 of Scantron testing center locations across the country and wordwide, or take your remote proctored online exam.
To cancel or reschedule
Call Scantron at 800-722-6876 (800-SCANTRON) on a business day at least 24 hours prior to the start of your examination time. If you are late, turned away, or do not appear for your examination, you must pay a retesting fee to reschedule your examination.
- Schedule as far in advance as possible
- NBMTM cannot schedule for you
- Scheduling online is preferred
- The Scantron profile you create for the exam is separate from your NBMTM account, so NBMTM log-in information won’t work
or Call 800-722-6876 (800-SCANTRON)
Take the Exam
Arrive 30 minutes prior to exam time with the required testing items:
- Authorization letter
- Two forms of valid identification
- Both must have your first and last name identical to your name on your authorization letter
- Both must bear your signature
- One form must be a photo ID, either a driver’s license, state ID card, military ID, or passport
After the Exam
- Official score reports will be mailed out approximately 1 month after the end of the exam window.
- All documentation MUST be complete to receive certification
- Official certificate will arrive in the mail within 7-14 days
- You may download your digital certification and badge from MyNBMTM Portal.
If your application expires prior to gaining certification, you must submit a new application and fee to continue.
If you receive a failing score, you will need to retake the entire exam.
- Retake is permitted no sooner than 30 days from previous attempt
- A non-refundable fee is required for each additional attempt
- You are limited to 3 exam attempts