Candidate Handbook (paper version)
Information for candidates, including detailed information about policies and procedures relevant to computer-based testing and exam application, has been integrated into one PDF document. The Certification Candidate Handbook explains:
- Steps to Certification
- Accessing and using the myNBMTM portal.
- Registering and scheduling the exam.
- Preparing for the certification exam.
- Scheduling and taking the exam.
- Exam content information, format, and scoring.
- Requirements for maintaining your certification.
Changes to Handbook
There have been significant updates and enhancements to the certification process, ranging from new and updated forms to expanded eligibility and education requirements. If you are referencing a Certification Candidate Handbook published prior to May 2018, please download and review the revised handbook for the most up-to-date information.
Candidate Handbook (online version)
- About the Certification Examination
- Objectives of Certification
- Eligibility Requirements
- Renewing Lapsed/Expired Certification
- Maintenance of Certification
- Copyrighted Examination Questions
- Statement of Non-Discrimination
- Applying for the Examination
- Examination Fees
- Confirmation of Board Eligibility
- Scheduling the Examination
- Appointment Changes
- Special Arrangements for Candidates with Disabilities
Taking the Initial Certification Examination
Maintenance of Certification
Following the Examination
- Score Report
- Candidates Who Pass the Examination
- Candidates Who Do Not Pass the Examination
- Scores Cancelled by NBMTM or Mettl®
- Code of Ethical and Professional Conduct
- Revocation of Certification