The following policy outlines the terms under which the NBMTM will grant board eligibility in medication therapy management for education and training completed outside the U.S. or Canada.
Requirements for Foreign Pharmacy Graduates
Foreign pharmacy graduates that are licensed in a country outside of the United States may be eligible to apply if they have satisfied the training and experience requirements.
Board Eligibility is necessary to participate in the certification process and sit for the NBMTM certification examination. A candidate must meet all the following requirements:
A. The candidate must hold a pharmacy degree from an accredited school of pharmacy. Foreign Graduate Pharmacists must hold an equivalent degree to the requirements of a U.S. pharmacy degree such as a Bachelor’s degree (BPharm), Master’s degree in Pharmacy Practice (MPharm), or Doctor of Pharmacy degree (PharmD).
B. The candidate must hold a valid, unexpired, and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy.
C. The candidate must complete two (2) years of practice experience, post-licensure, with experience in medication therapy in retail pharmacy, community pharmacy, or ambulatory care pharmacy.
Experience can be waived if the applicant successfully completes an NBMTM-approved training program in medication therapy management. Approved training programs are:
- APhA’s Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Training Program.
- Power-Pak C.E.® Certificate Program in Medication Therapy Management.
- University of Florida’s graduate certificate in Comprehensive Medication Management (CMM).
- University of Florida’s Master’s degree in Medication Therapy Management.
- University of Southern California’s Advanced Practice Pharmacist Certificate in Comprehensive Medication Management.
- Residency in medication therapy management or ambulatory care pharmacy (PGY-1 or PGY-2).
D. Agree to abide by the Code of Ethical and Professional Conduct.
F. Payment of required application fees.
Fees effective 12/01/17
Notification of fees due will be included with exam invitation.
|Fee Type||Amount (USD)|
Payment may be made by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express only (U.S. currency). Payment by cashier’s check or money order will not be accepted. If your payment is declined for any reason, you will be charged a $100 processing fee. All fees are nonrefundable.