Board Certification Process
- Maintain a current, valid pharmacist license.
The applicant must complete ONE of the following:
- Two (2) years of practice experience, post-licensure, with experience in medication therapy in retail pharmacy, community pharmacy, or ambulatory care pharmacy.
- The applicant must successfully complete an NBMTM-approved training program in medication therapy management. Approved training programs are:
- The applicant must hold a master’s degree in Medication Therapy Management.
- The applicant must complete a residency in MTM or ambulatory care pharmacy (PGY-1 or PGY-2).
Benefits of Board Certification
Certification Candidate Handbook
Information for candidates, including detailed information about policies and procedures relevant to computer-based testing and exam application, has been integrated into one PDF document. The Certification Candidate Handbook explains:
- Steps to Certification
- Accessing and using the myNBMTM portal.
- Registering and scheduling the exam.
- Preparing for the certification exam.
- Exam content information, format, and scoring.
- Requirements for maintaining your certification.